June 1, 2012 (PLANSPONSOR.com) – The Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) has announced more workshops for retirement plan fiduciaries.
The agency’s "Getting It Right! Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities" seminar will be held August 14 in Chicago, Illinois, and a workshop about fiduciary duties and correction programs will be held June 12 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding your plan and your responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
More information about the Chicago event is available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/FidEdIL081412.pdf.
More information about the Nashville event is available at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/fidedtn061212.pdf.