July 5, 2012 (PLANSPONSOR.com) - The Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) announced a workshop in South Carolina for retirement plan fiduciaries.
The agency’s seminar, "Getting It Right! Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities," will be held September 11 in Charleston.
- Understanding your plan and your responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
More information is at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/gettingitrightSC091112.pdf.