September 14, 2012 (PLANSPONSOR.com) – The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) will host a phone forum on September 27 to discuss the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) and changing segment rates.
The forum – featuring Mike Spaid and Tony Montanaro, actuaries with the IRS, and Amy Viener, actuary with the PBGC, will cover the following topics:
- IRS Notice 2012-55, determining the 25-year segment rates and the adjusted 24-month average segment rates;
- IRS Notice 2012-61, applying the adjusted 24-month average segment rates for funding purposes and the value of plan assets;
- Measurements to which MAP-21 segment rates do not apply;
- PBGC Technical Update 2012-1 and MAP-21 effects on PBGC premium calculation; and
- PBGC Technical Update 2012-2 and MAP-21 effects on 4010 reporting.
The forum will take place from 11 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m. EST.
Enrolled agents and enrolled retirement plan agents may earn continuing education (CE) credit for attending. Each attendee must register individually, as well as use an assigned user ID and an individual phone line to receive CE credit. Click here to register.