While most people follow the standard elevator etiquette of facing forward and generally keeping to themselves, quite a few workers surveyed by CareerBuilder reported less-than-ordinary experiences while in transit.
Workers shared the following real-life examples of weird behaviors they observed in work elevators:
- “Pantsing” a co-worker;
- Changing a baby’s diaper;
- Flossing teeth;
- Clipping fingernails;
- Fist fighting;
- Showing someone a rash and asking for a diagnosis;
- Moving the entire contents of a co-worker’s office into the elevator, including the desk;
- A woman with her arms full of papers using her head to keep the doors from closing on her; and
- Dancing throughout the ride.