May 11, 2012 (PLANSPONSOR.com) – You would think with the weak economy, workers would be doing all they can to hang on to their jobs.
However, a new survey shows some workers must not be too worried about the job market, because they had weak or weird excuses for quitting.
A survey from OfficeTeam reveals the wackiest reasons job seekers have given for handing in their notice, including:
- "Someone left because her boss lost the dog she had given him."
- "Our employee said he was joining the circus."
- "One person left because she lost her cell phone too many times at work."
- "We had someone quit to participate in a reality show."
- "An employee said it was his routine to change jobs every six months."
- "A guy said he was making too much money and didn't feel he was worth it."
- "One person left because she didn't want to work so hard."
- "An individual said he was bored."
- "Someone quit because she was going to live off her trust fund."
- "An employee said work was getting in the way of having fun."
- "A person quit because informal dress was not allowed."
- "The worker told us he just couldn't get up in the morning."