September 25, 2012 (PLANSPONSOR.com) – Food preparation and service workers are professions that need coffee the most, according to a survey by Dunkin’ Donuts and CareerBuilder.
The survey also reveals that coffee plays a major role in helping workers perk up on the job—43% of those who drink coffee claim they are less productive without it.
According to the survey, the workers that need coffee to get through the workday most are:
- Food preparation/service workers;
- Sales representatives;
- Marketing/public relations professionals;
- Nurses (nurse, nurse practitioner or physician assistant);
- Editors/writers/media workers;
- Business executives;
- Teachers/instructors (K-12);
- Engineering technicians/support; and
- IT managers/network administrators.
The majority of coffee drinkers do not stop after one cup, either—63% of workers who drink coffee drink two or more cups each workday; 28% drink three or more.