The Department of Labor (DOL) Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA), has announced its compliance assistance program, Getting It Right – Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities seminar, will be held in Rockville, Maryland on April 20.
The seminar will take a focus on fiduciary oversight, as well as protecting workers’ benefits, and is aimed at increasing awareness and understanding fiduciary duties in managing a retirement plan—especially for small-and mid-sized employers with little time, resources and accessibility.
Key topics that will be discussed include:
- Understanding your plan and your responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
The seminar will be held at the Cambria Hotel & Suite, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT.
Registration and a link to the agenda can be found here.
« ForUsAll Launches 401(k) Cost Estimator