According to a survey by CareerBuilder, about two in ten workers said they would give a co-worker a holiday gift in 2014, and about the same number said they would give their boss a gift.
Workers surveyed shared some of the most unusual gifts they’ve gotten from coworkers:
- A box of Hot Pockets;
- A chess piece (just one piece, not a set);
- A fire extinguisher;
- A voucher for a free lawn game of the co-worker’s own invention;
- A turquoise leather vest;
- Zombie action figures;
- A Ziploc bag with coffee (enough to make one pot);
- A ‘gun of the day’ calendar;
- A bag of chips; and
- A Christmas ornament with the co-worker’s and spouse’s photos on it.
The national survey, conducted online by Harris Poll from August 11 to September 5, 2014, included a representative sample of 3,103 workers and 2,203 hiring managers and human resource professionals across industries and company sizes.