A Little Friday File Fun

And now it's time for FRIDAY FILES!
By PS

In Vienna, Austria, a plane was forced to make an emergency stop after some passengers got into a fight. Apparently, one passenger kept passing gas and two men sitting in the row with him complained to the flight crew. When the crew did nothing, a fight broke out, according to the Dutch language newspaper De Telegraaf. In Vienna the two men who complained were removed from the aircraft, as well as two women sitting in the same row as the angry men. All four have been banned from flying Transavia Airlines in the future. The two women are suing the airline. According to De Telegraaf, they said, ”We had no idea who these boys were, we just had the bad luck to be in the same row and we didn’t do anything.”

 

In New York City, residents are still waiting to see who will become the first-ever “night mayor.” The nightlife ambassador position was announced last fall by Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio, according to the Associated Press. He says the position would serve as a point of contact between city agencies and the city nightlife industry. The New York Post reports Democratic City Councilman Rafael Espinal, who sponsored legislation creating the position, says he hasn’t heard any word about a confirmed appointee. Espinal says the city is vetting a candidate and the post will be filled in the next few weeks.

 

In Mainz, Germany, officers were called after cries were heard from an apartment. Police found the 58-year-old tenant and a 61-year-old visitor “hopelessly locked together” with a toy car and a mannequin—which was dressed in a knight’s costume, according to the Associated Press. Officers were able to free the men, who were too drunk to explain how their unfortunate predicament had come about.

 

In Ferndale, Michigan, a man wanted to rid skunks from the crawlspace of his rental home. So, he thought it a good idea to smoke them out. His attempt to use a smoke bomb sparked a fire that quickly spread from the crawlspace to the first floor, the Detroit Free Press reports. The fire eventually spread through the walls and attic of the rental property. Not only was the house a complete loss, but no skunk carcasses were found.