Users can access:
- a seminar schedule,
- a program overview,
- a list of regional EEOC staff contacts, and
- articles and press releases about the government anti-discrimination agency’s public awareness campaign on disability hiring
According to the EEOC, the seminars are customized for businesses that have between 15 and 100 employees, and even smaller companies that expect to expand. The agency said many of these employers don’t have a human resources department or staff with expertise on equal employment opportunity laws.
Workshops typically address such topics as:
- permissible questions during job interviews,
- reasonable accommodations allowing the disabled to perform a job,
- recruitment resources, and
- tax incentives
In some cases, EEOC is partnering with the US Department
of Justice to offer information about Title III of the ADA,
which covers public accommodations and commercial
Employers interested in working with EEOC to arrange a workshop in a location not already listed should call (202) 663-4963 or send email to NFIworkshops@eeoc.gov .
Visit the EEOC Web site .
« Boredom Can Be Fatal