Just over half of the 985 respondents to the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ (NACE) 2001 Graduating Student & Alumni Survey said they expect to make between $25,000 and $35,000.
- almost three-quarters of visual and performing arts majors and two-thirds of education majors anticipate earning $30,000 or less in their first job;
- while 57.6% of engineering majors expect to earn $45,000 or more;
- and just over a quarter of graduates of MBA programs expect to earn more than $50,000.
According to NACE’s Spring 2001 Salary Survey:
- visual and performing arts majors received average starting salary offers of $27,010;
- elementary and secondary education majors’ starting salaries average $27,917 and $28,058, respectively;
- engineering majors average $40,377 for civil engineers and $53,477 for petroleum engineers; and
- MBAs with non-technical undergraduate degrees and no experience are offered $45,048 with a quarter receiving offers in excess of $50,000.
« UITs Total $7.44 Bn in March