The HSA Basics tri-fold covers a variety of topics about the HSA system including:
- who can have an HSA;
- the high-deductible health plan (HDHP) coverage necessary for HSA eligibility (including minimum annual deductibles and maximum out-of-pocket expense limits);
- HSA contribution limits, including catch-up contribution limits for those age 55 or older (with examples);
- HSA distributions (and the federal income tax consequences of using such distributions to pay for medical or nonmedical expenses);
- the income tax and other advantages of HSAs; and
- the treatment of HSAs after the account holder’s death.
The brochure is available for download at http://www.treas.gov/offices/public-affairs/hsa/pdf/HSA-Tri-fold-english-09.pdf .
Additional Treasury Department information about HSAs is available here .
« Principal Aims to Pump up Enrollment with New Workbook