The survey, conducted on behalf of SurfControl Inc., polled both IT managers and corporate Internet users on their views about the use of filtering software within their organization.
Results show that:
- nearly 83% of respondents believe that employees use their employers’ Internet for personal use
- just under 50% of all corporate Internet users polled confirmed that their company currently has some form of monitoring or filtering tool in place
- over three quarters view Internet monitoring and filtering procedures as an absolute necessity.
Of the IT managers polled:
- over 40% said that Internet monitoring and filtering software was standard in their organization
- seven out of 10 believe that it should be.
When asked for reasons for adopting this software:
- more than half cited enhanced security
- increasing productivity was mentioned by 20%
- one in five noted protecting the corporate reputation.
« Securities Fraud Suits Declined, Accounting Fraud Charges Up