The tool, which uses data points collected under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), includes information on plans, sponsors, markets, fees and charges and business relationships. It allows users to:
- See which health insurance carriers serve which employer clients;
- Discover which employers contract with which health insurance carriers, TPAs and brokers;
- Get details on the premiums, commissions and fees paid to each vendor/carrier;
- Determine the makeup of the market sector for each insurance carrier by number of employer clients and participants, funding arrangements, and industries and states served;
- Track employer health plan participation by industry and/or geography; and
- Create targeted mailing lists and call lists to network and generate leads for prospective new partners and clients.
The tool’s CD contains Excel spreadsheets and PDF reports with health plan data, analysis and mailing lists for: multiemployer insured and self-insured plans, single employer insured and self-insured plans, health insurance carriers, third party administrators, health insurance brokers and agents, and service providers, such as claims processors and plan administrators. In addition, it contains full spreadsheets of all the data used to create the tables and charts in the executive summary, background information about the ERISA law and the filing process, and samples of the forms, schedules and instructions used by the Department of Labor (DOL) to collect the health plan data under ERISA.
More information is here.
« Buck Consultants Hires Managing Director of Knowledge Resources