In long-term disability products:
- Fully-insured sales increased 14%
- and Administrative Services Only sales fell by 35%
For short-term disability products:
- Fully-insured premiums were up 6%,
- while Administrative Services Only sales were down 9%
- three out of five new sales were made by the top five writers, down 9% from 1999,
- while, the top 10 writers accounted for 81% of new sales.
Some carriers introduced new features to their LTD offerings in 2000, including:
- access to counseling,
- financial and legal advice,
- increased benefit levels
« Are Parents Granted Leniency at Work?