The U.S. Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) and the Texas Department of Insurance will host a free, two-hour webcast on November 13 from 10 a.m. to noon (CST) to help employers and health professionals comply with federal and Texas state health laws.
According to an announcement, this webcast will address the portability and nondiscrimination provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Speakers also will discuss requirements of:
- the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act,
- the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act,
- the Mental Health Parity Act of 1996,
- the Newborns and Mothers’ Health Protection Act,
- the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Prevention Act, and
- Michelle’s Law.
The seminars are part of EBSA’s health education campaign to help workers and employers, especially small businesses, understand their rights and obligations under various health benefit laws. A separate, additional webcast is scheduled for November 20 on new health laws and guidance.
Online registration is first-come, first-served, by visiting HERE. For more information, contact Dennis Fish at 202-693-8451.