Best performing strategies this month, were:
- emerging markets, which increased 1.5%
- event driven, which was up by 1%, and
- global Macro, also increasing by 1%.
Year-to-date, the index, designed to compare hedge fund performance against other major asset classes, rose by 2.1%, outperforming global indices, such as:
- the S&P 500, which retreated by 7.3%,
- the Nasdaq, which was down 12.6%
- the Dow Jones, which fell 2.6%, and
- the MSCI World Index, which fell by 11.2%
A dramatic drop in volatility, which peaked in February and March, characterized the month, affecting a number of strategies, particularly the managed futures strategy, which relies heavily on technical analysis.
Since inception in January 1994, the fund has returned 135.9%
The index comprises 339 US and offshore funds as of April 30, 2001 and is constructed using a database of more than 2,600 hedge funds.
« Work Web Usage Up 23%