The Plan Sponsor of the Year annual award program recognizes retirement plan sponsors that show a commitment to their participants’ financial health and retirement success. The award is given in many categories to recognize all plan types, so any plan sponsor can be eligible. Nominations are made in the fall, finalists are announced in January, and winners are announced in March.
To be considered, a sponsor must first be recommended for the award. Nominations are accepted from across the industry—including those from providers, advisers, consultants, actuaries, attorneys, third-party administrators (TPAs), employees and colleagues. All nominees are then asked to complete an online form, supplying details about the plan’s administration, participant statistics and data. A committee of PLANSPONSOR editors reviews the submissions and selects the finalists and winners from among the various categories.
PLANSPONSOR is pleased to announce the finalists in the Corporate 401(k) >$10MM to $50MM category, the Corporate 401(k) >$50MM to $100MM category and the Corporate 401(k) >100MM to $800MM category.
Corporate 401(k) >$10MM to $50MM
- Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company—Chariton, Iowa
- Restek Corporation—Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- United Hardware Distributing Company—Plymouth, Minnesota
- Uponor North America—Apple Valley, Minnesota
Corporate 401(k) >$50MM to $100MM
- Enterprise Bank—Lowell, Massachusetts
- Hendrick Motorsports—Charlotte, North Carolina
- SURVICE Engineering Company—Belcamp, Maryland
Corporate 401(k) >$100MM to $800MM
- Golder Associates Inc.—Atlanta, Georgia
- Great River Energy—Maple Grove, Minnesota
- Nu Skin Enterprises—Provo, Utah
- Southeastern Freight Lines, Inc—Lexington, South Carolina
PLANSPONSOR previously announced the finalists in the Corporate 401(k) < $10MM category. To see finalists in more Corporate 401(k) categories and the Public DC category, click here. Click here to see finalists in the Nonprofit DC categories and the Total Retirement Offering category.