Hedge funds in the CSFB/Tremont Hedge Fund Index have now reported August performance, following a one-week delay due to the tragedy at the World Trade Center.
Winning hedge fund strategies in August were:
- Dedicated Short Bias, which increased by 3.7%
- Managed Futures, were funds increased by 2.5%, and
- Event Driven, which recorded returns of 1.5%
On a year to date basis, the top performing hedge fund strategies are:
- Global Macro, with returns of 13.3%,
- Convertible Arbitrage, which saw increases of 11.3%, and
- Managed Futures, where funds increased by 9.6%
The CSFB/Tremont Hedge Fund Index returned 137.9% for
the 92-month period since inception in January 1994.
Performance for the CSFB/Tremont Hedge Fund Index, which comprises 375 funds, and the nine style-driven sub-indices are calculated monthly and adjusted for capitalization and return