On the other hand, bond funds enjoyed their largest inflow since January, logging a net inflow of $6.9 billion. Money market funds also drew in a strong $8.3 billion. Of the latter total, institutions withdrew $3.2 billion net, offset by an $11.5 billion net inflow from individual investors.
Ins and Outs
Sources of Net Outflows:
- Growth funds saw net outflows of $3.9 billion.
- Large-cap funds suffered net redemptions of $3.9 billion.
- International stock funds had an outflow of $3.2 billion.
- Sector funds had net outflows of $1.2 billion with science and technology funds suffering most, losing $800 million.
- Small-cap funds took in a net $2.8 billion.
- Value funds drew a net $6.1 billion.
Overall, flows into stock, bond and money market funds were less than $14 billion, well below average monthly totals for recent years, according to Lipper.