These specialized education programs are designed to help exempt organizations understand their tax responsibilities.
- Introduction to Tax-Exempt Status – Benefits and responsibilities of tax-exempt status under 501(c)(3). Actions that may jeopardize tax-exempt status of an organization.
- Unrelated Business Income – The definition of unrelated business income, common examples, common exceptions, and filing requirements. Includes a discussion of charitable gaming.
- Employment Issues – Classification of workers and filing requirements for employees and independent contractors.
- Form 990 Series – An overview of the Forms 990, 990-EZ, and 990-N (e-Postcard), including tips on recordkeeping and answers to frequently asked questions. Includes a presentation of resources and tools available to exempt organizations to help them file accurate, error-free returns.
- Required Disclosures – Overview of disclosures tax-exempt organizations are required to make.
More information and links to register are at http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=96083,00.html.
« OCERS Puts Out Investment Consultant RFP