The survey found that:
- almost two-thirds of jobseekers believe that negotiating severance agreements at the outset is an important part of the job-attainment process,
- more than half that negotiating up-front outplacement plans is crucial, and
- two-fifths said that they research severance and outplacement policies even before even initiating employment discussions with a company
In addition, roughly two-thirds of job hunters said that six months or more severance pay was reasonable for employees.
- almost 60% said that volatile markets had driven their concern about up-front agreements, and
- almost 20% said that bad prior experiences when they were unprotected against job loss have made them more aware
More than 1,100 job seekers responded to the survey posted on the TrueCareers Web site during September and October.
« Mellon, Societe Generale Link Up for Option Plans