The report’s key findings include:
• Pensions should be viewed as part of a broader human resources strategy that can affect recruitment and retention.
• Policy makers need high-quality data and analyses as they consider benefit changes.
• Strong communication with all stakeholders helps employees, elected officials, and the public understand the need for change.
• Discipline in funding a plan’s annual required contribution is important to achieve full funding.
• Workplace financial education will help public employees learn how to build their retirement savings.
Read the full report online.
« Saturna Capital Announces Two New Executive Hires