Standard & Poor’s said in a media release announcing the unveiling of Sector Investor that it draws on sector research from S&P’s Sector Committee. The committee, according to the media release, makes sector recommendation decisions – overweight, underweight, or marketweight based on certain criteria.
S&P said those criteria include:
- market momentum
- sector trends
- economic data
- underlying company evaluations from Standard & Poor’s 60 equity analysts.
Users can review the best and worst performing sectors and sub-industries within the S&P SuperComposite 1500 Index, and learn in detail about the performance of each, the company said. Sector Investor can then access recommendations for related equity-based investments including sector funds and sector ETFs.
The following components make up the Sector Investor module:
- Sector Scorecard – A one-screen overview of the best and worst performing industries within the S&P SuperComposite 1500 Index for the previous week. Each has corresponding data on the weighting of each industry within the S&P 1500, percentage price changes ranging from one week to five years ago, average STARS (Standard & Poor’s Stock Appreciation Ranking System) rankings for stocks in the sector, and recommended portfolio weightings
- Industry Movers – tracking which industries are moving in the day’s market and why
- Industries in the News – reporting the latest Standard & Poor’s opinion changes on sectors
- Industries in Focus – a detailed analysis of a particular industry selected by editors from Standard & Poor’s MarketScope.
- The Sector Strategist – a weekly column by Sam Stovall, Standard & Poor’s chief investment strategist
- Industry Momentum Portfolio – a model portfolio of sectors with high return potential, which is updated the first trading day of each month
- ETF – a list of Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) based on Standard & Poor’s global set of indexes, including the fund sponsor’s name, ticker symbol, and a description of the fund.
For more information, visit www.advisorinsight.com .