In fact, a Visa Inc. survey of parents found that the Tooth Fairy not only visits 94% of American kids (those under 10), she leaves behind an average of $3 per tooth.
Moreover, children whose fathers “coordinate” with the Tooth Fairy receive 42% more money ($3.70) than those where mothers ($2.60) are the primary liaison.
Additional findings in the survey include:
- 5% of children receive less than a dollar
- 37% of children receive exactly $1
- 18% of children receive between $2 to $4
- 22% of children receive $5
- 11% of children receive $6 or more
Parents in the East ($3.40) and in the South ($3.30) tend to leave more per tooth than parents in the Midwest ($2.90) and West ($2.70).