Well, here’s a couple of thousand….
Thanks to the Discovery Channel, you can take charge of your own non-line-of-sight cannon. You’ll like this (mind the sound). MORE at http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/future-weapons/games/cannon/cannon.html
– – – In Spaulding Township, Michigan , a cow named Michigan can thank more than its name for keeping it from becoming hamburger – – – check out that pattern on its side http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080218/capt.6865bd6093f8456eb50f9a61746803c6.michigan_steer_misag101.jpg?x=400&y=274&sig=t.Ppl67fEGpyMrnujcyYXw–
– – – In Vista, California , someone lifted a blue 1966 Chevy Nova – – – and placed it on the roof of the Sliding Door Company here, perhaps as a prank – – – but the structure could not support the weight – – – and it crashed right through the roof into the business. You can see the result at http://www.nbcsandiego.com/mostpopular/15340963/detail.html
– – – In Lincolnshire, UK , Andy Alder caught a giant snakehead fish here while fishing for pike – – – the fish breed, which originates in Southeast Asia, reportedly eats everything it comes across, including people – – – and it can “crawl” on land and survive out of water for up to four days – – – oh, and its REALLY scary looking – – – check it out at http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5898157,00.jpg
....and here's a couple of thousand more....
- - - In Tampa, Florida , Benjamin Baines Jr., 21, was making his way through Tampa International Airport to Las Vegas here when Transportation Security Administration officials noticed that a box cutter showed up on the x-rays - - - more so when they discovered the box cutter inside a hollowed-out book (titled "Fear Itself) - - - along with a Koran, a Bible and rap music lyrics referencing police, drugs and guns - - - Benjamin told investigators he forgot the box cutter was inside the book - - - and then explained to officers that he cut out the pages to keep his money - - - and mari.juana - - - from being stolen by his roommates. You can see it at http://www.tsa.gov/graphics/images/press/boxcutter_tia.jpg
- - - In Longview, Texas , an unnamed man walked into a convenience store here - - - pointed a gun at the woman working behind the counter - - - and fired - - - but just as he did, the woman leaned to the right and ducked - - - to grab her own pistol from behind the counter - - - pointed it at the crook - - - and missed - - - you can see it at http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=69113189-1eb4-418e-9154-6e2430e31ced