Well, here’s a couple of thousand…
– – – In Weed, California , the bottle caps on Vaune Dillmann’s latest brew (he’s 61, by the way)- Lemurian Lager – has drawn the ire of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau – – – who say the message on the caps he has been using for his five current beers amounts to a drug reference – – – that message: “Try Legal Weed.” MORE at http://www.mtshastabrewingcompany.com/
– – – In Sacramento, California , a company called National Police Presence is making a name for itself by making a full-size decoy cop car, promising that it will scare off speeders and crooks – – – the vehicle has no engine, doors, or even someone to man it – – – and it sells for $12,990. MORE at http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/22/2008/04/23/320×240/thumb_1208931081737_0p5510078270623839.jpg
– – – OK, at the risk of reopening old wounds (for some), three months after their bid for an undefeated season ended with a Super Bowl loss to the New York Giants – – – the New England Patriots are continuing to pursue trademarks (they amended the original filings to correct a typographical error) on the phrases “19-0” and “19-0 The Perfect Season,” according to the Smoking Gun. Of course, there’s always next year, right? You can read the amendment at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0421081pats1.html
If you are unable to see/click on the image below, try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_qK4g6ntM
...and here's a couple of thousand more...
- - - In Madison Heights, Michigan , Carole Penzabene, 41, saw a strange man walking in and out of her neighbors house late at night - - - and putting garbage bags in a parked car - - particularly since her neighbor was out of town - - - so she made an inquiry, and the man told her he was looking - - - at birdhouses - - - whereupon Carole allegedly grabbed him and told him "he ain't going to be going nowhere" - - - and when the 20-year-old's 19-year-old girlfriend came out of the house, Carole grabbed her as well - - - while a friend called the police - - - you can see Carole flex her stuff at http://www.clickondetroit.com/2008/0417/15913788_240X180.jpg
- - - In Alabama (not sure about the city), a young man went to hold up a bank - - - and then apparently got a call he just HAD to take - - - you can see him at http://www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2008/04/4-16-08-cellphone-robber.jpg