Well, here’s a couple of thousand worth…
Roaming somewhere in the woods around Elma, New York is an animal being referred to as “the unicorn deer.” You can see why at http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2007/12/12/06/876-bn-20071212-B001-hunterscameraca-164907-MI0001.embedded.prod_affiliate.50.jpg
– – – Near Alresford, Hampshire, UK , workers at a fish farm here could not figure out why the number of brown trout had suddenly dropped – – – then a subsequent investigation revealed that the resourceful fish were “escaping” – – – leaping 3 feet out of the water – – – and into an eight-inch pipe (which brings fresh water into the farm) – – – swimming along in the pipe for 30 feet – – – and then jumping into the tributary of the River Itchen – – – and, apparently, swimming away – – – you can see the fish in action at http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/salmonSOLENT1112_468x369.jpg
And view the entire escape path at http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_02/003TroutGraphicDM_468x257.jpg
– – – In Sorell, Australia , Jelly the cat did what cats often do – – – brought home a “present” for her family, in this case Wendy Wallis and her kids – – – but this one was a doozie – – – a baby copperhead snake – – – which, by the time Jelly arrived with it, was wrapped twice around her neck and knotted under her chin – – – Jelly’s fine – – – and you can see her (and the snake) at http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5796452,00.jpg
How to get rid of teens – by treating them as squirrels? MORE at http://stcharlesjournal.stltoday.com/opinions/sj2tn20071208-1209stc_beck_1.ii1.txt
OK – this one is not for the faint of heart – – – or queasy stomach – – – but if you travel – – – and you drink from hotel glassware – – – well, you should watch this – – – http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/12/11/beware-about-drinking-out-of-your-hotel-room-glasses.aspx
Well, here's a couple of thousand (more) worth...
AND IF IT'S FRIDAY - - - then it must be time for - - - THE FRIDAY FILES - - - In Orange County, Florida , the Orange County Sheriff's Office has launched Operation ELF: Enforcing Limits and Fining speeders - - - in other words, a sheriff's deputy dressed as an elf clocks cars using a radar gun - - - then dispatches a motorcycle deputy to pull them over and issue the driver a ticket - - - they wrote more than 130 tickets in just over two hours. You can see them at http://www.local6.com/slideshow/14832252/detail.html?taf=orlpn
- - - Also in Orange County, Florida - - - a police officer dressed as Dr. Seuss' Grinch character (as in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas) handed out about one traffic ticket per minute for hours here - - - there were so many people running red lights and committing traffic violations that costumed officer said he had little time to rest - - - MORE at http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news/14780909/detail.html
- - - In Raleigh, North Carolina , police were on the scene of a multiple stabbing here - - - when an unnamed woman stepped out of her 2004 Honda Accord to talk to an officer about the crime - - - then, while her back was turned - - - Anthony William, 38, then walked past her - - - got in the car - - - and drove off - - - even with a police officer trying to stop him - - - you can watch events unfold at http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=5827536
- - - In Elmwood Park, New Jersey , an unnamed man strolled into a Dunkin Donuts here - - - and demanded money from Dustin Hoffman - no, not the actor, but a Dunkin Donuts employee - - - as the robber began taking cash from the register, Dustin said that all he could think about was how this was all going to look on the video tape - - - and that spurred him to action - - - and he grabbed a big ceramic mug, grabbed the robber's wrist - - - and popped the robber on the head with the mug - - - repeatedly - - - you can see the action unfold at http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/251.1/popup/index.php?cl=5427395
- - - In Houston, Texas , police spotted an unnamed man driving what appeared to be a stolen GMC Yukon - - - so, they began pursuit - - - a pursuit that proceeded to consume the next 45 minutes - - - and proceed over 25 miles - - - causing at least three collisions - - - running over a curb - - - flattening a tire on the SUV - - - but he continued to drive on the rim - - - and even drove onto some railroad tracks (sparks flying) - - - before finally abandoning the vehicle - - - oh, and his reason for leading police on the chase? - - - he claimed his parking brake was stuck - - - and he couldn't stop - - - you can watch this incredible chase online at http://www.wmtw.com/news/14822655/detail.html#
« SURVEY SAYS: Will You Be Open Christmas Eve?