An ADP news release said that of the nearly 5.8 million background checks completed for clients in 2007, checking a criminal history outnumbered all other types by more than three times. ADP said it performed 1.7 million criminal background inquiries and performed nearly 500,000 driving record checks – the second most common screening.
Other data from ADP’s HR screening activities include:
- Of the 1.7 million criminal record checks, 6% of candidates showed a criminal record over the last seven years;
- More than one in three candidates have violations or convictions on their driving record, including 10% who have had their licenses suspended, revoked, or withdrawn in the last seven years;
- 44% of job candidates checked for credit have at least one negative issue on their credit reports;
- One out of 20 (5%) of the candidate reference verifications that contained information differences also had at least one negative remark about the candidate; and
- 8% of candidates had a previous workers’ compensation claim.
For additional screening statistics go to http://www.adphire.com/screeningIndex.html .
« Employers Lax in Managing Flexible Work Programs