According to an ADP press release, small businesses can activate ADP Payroll without additional software installation. The program automatically calculates net pay and all federal, state, and local taxes for each employee. It costs $169 per year, and users have the option to upgrade to ADP Total Payroll.
With ADP Payroll users can seamlessly transfer employee and timesheet data into the application and payroll and tax information into the general ledger, according to the news release. The company points out that this feature allows for fast and efficient completion of payroll tasks, reduces the chance for errors, and helps ensure compliance.
Other features of the new application mentioned in the press release include:
- Company and employee wizards that provide for simple set up and use
- Real time payroll processing and tax calculations, including tax reminders for filing deadlines
- Integration with Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006
- Synchronization of employee changes between the Small Business Accounting application and the payroll application
- Pre-filling of the payroll worksheet when timesheet data is entered
- Seamless exports of payroll journal entries into the Small Business Accounting application
- simple and easy-to-read reports
- Automatic updating of federal, state, and local tax tables
- Pre-filling of Smart Tax forms
- Immediate, on-site printing of tax forms and checks
- Free self-service direct deposit for employees.
ADP Payroll, offered within Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting, will be available at retail stores across the US.
ADP Small Business Services, is the business unit of ADP Employer Services that provides payroll, HR, and benefit services to organizations with fewer than 50 employees. For more information about ADP Small Business Services, visit http://sbs.adp.com .
« Increased Plan Participation Among Health Care Workers