According to an Aetna press release, the tool allows employees to compare different Aetna dental plans and Aetna plans with non-Aetna dental plans. Employees can estimate their out-of-pocket dental care costs, compare dental plans and determine which plan best meets the needs of their families.
Features of the dental plan selection tool, according to the announcement, include:
- Access to costs for up to five Aetna dental plans,
- Employee out-of-pocket costs, co-insurance and anticipated employer costs,
- A tool that allows members to select dental procedures they anticipate having performed when selecting their dental plans,
- The ability to select the number of family members who need coverage and the level of care they need,
- Access to Aetna’s glossary of dental procedures, and
- Comparison of plans with a non-Aetna Plan.
Employees are able to not only compare multiple plans offered by their employer, but can compare a plan offered by their employer with a plan available through another family member’s employer. The tool will compare estimated costs of dental care services as well as provide a cost breakdown of the amounts paid by the employee and by the dental plan.
For more information, go to www.aetna.com .
« Corzine Signs NJ Employer Health Insurance Reporting Measure