An AIG news release said that the benefits package, marketed by AIG Employee Benefits, has been approved in 33 states, with a variety of the enhanced products approved in an additional 17 states.
The announcement said that highlights of the new programs include:
- Group Life – Maximum issue amounts of up to five times the employee’s salary are available. Spouse, domestic partner and children’s coverage is included as an option on most plans, with child coverage beginning at live birth
- Group Accidental Death & Dismemberment – Available bundled with a term life plan or as a voluntary standalone product for groups of 10-plus insureds
- Group Short-term Disability – Customized short-term disability benefits package designed to help employees get back to work as soon as possible
- Group Long-term Disability – A variety of LTD benefits options are available based on group size, including a choice of benefit percentage, elimination period, occupation period and maximum monthly benefits
- Group Dental – Employees can select a PPO or indemnity plan, giving them the flexibility to choose any dentist or select a provider from the expanded AIG National Dental Network.
- Group Vision – The EyeMed Network provides access to over 25,000 independent and retail providers nationwide, including all LensCrafters locations.
To further address the needs of small- and medium-sized employers and support the new coverages, AIG Employee Benefits’ initiative includes enhanced technology and service offerings to assist employers with day-to-day administration of the programs.
These services included dedicated client service teams, personalized marketing support, a medical underwriting tracking system, online support, a language line and instant access accounts.
More information is at www.AIGemployeebenefits.com .
« Survey: Quarter of CA Small Businesses Provide Retirement Plans