- domestic equity funds saw net inflows of $14.4 billion
- bond funds took in $6.7 billion
- global funds added $865 million.
Investors still show a healthy appetite for small cap stocks, with data from FRC showing these funds garnering $22.6 billion in net inflows. Small Value, Small Blend, and Small Growth proved to be the top-selling categories over the month.
- Large-Cap funds took in $16.6 billion
- Mid-Cap funds drew in $16.3 billion.
According to FRC, Vanguard and American Funds took the two top spots among the best-selling fund groups over the month.
The firms have remained the two top-selling fund groups in each month since October 2001. Year-to-date, the two firms have combined for $40 billion in net inflows, representing 39.4% of the industry’s net sales.
Dodge & Cox has also attracted its share of the
flows. It generated $1 billion in April, its best monthly
inflow total ever, to rank fifth among the best-selling
complexes behind industry titans PIMCO and Fidelity