- almost a third of respondents spoke with a co-worker
- a friend or family member outside of the office was asked by 13%
- a further 7% approached an administrative assistant
- While 5% didn?t know who to ask
While managers are often the most appropriate person to approach on these protocol issues by virtue of their experience, administrative professionals are experts on how best to approach senior executives and what communication style is preferred.
OfficeTeam developed the poll as part of its “Jumpstart Your Career’ webcast series. Those wishing to test themselves on office etiquette can complete OfficeTeam’s Workplace Protocol Quiz at the resource section of at www.officeteamcareerclub.com .
It will test your political savvy and provide helpful hints on prickly issues, such as:
- performance reviews,
- budget cuts,
- confidential communications and
- critical clients, to name a few.