The survey, conducted by Abbott, Langer & Associates Inc. and based on responses from 324 organizations concerning 57 benchmark jobs found the median annual income of CFOs to be $109,319.
The highest-paid CFOs work in or near:
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Kansas City
- New York City
- Denver or Colorado Springs
- or outside metropolitan areas in California and
- South Carolina.
Median annual incomes, which include salaries, cash bonuses and profit sharing, in the accounting/financial field include:
- corporate treasurer, $86,890;
- chief corporate audit officer, $82,768;
- corporate controller, $70,000;
- senior accountant, $42,323;
- auditor, $34,676;
- payroll clerk, $27,727;
- and junior account clerk, $21,925.