Members enrolled in the new BlueEdge plans were able to begin receiving benefits as of January 1. The recently added products, according to the announcement, include:
- BlueEdge Wellness Rewards, for employers who would like to reward employees for wellness activities such as physicals and other preventive care services;
- BlueEdge FSA First, which offers Flexible Savings Accounts for employers who want more flexibility in how health care dollars are accessed;
- BlueEdge Vitality, an innovative and cost-effective health plan option that employers can use to help fund retiree benefits;
- Limited purpose HCA plans that are compatible with HSA products; and
- Integrated prescription drug plans.
The BlueEdge plans also include online decision support and education tools, such as the Treatment Cost Estimator and the Personal Health Manager that help employees track and manage their health expenditures on a personalized, secure Web site. Employees can also earn incentives and rewards for healthy choices, as well as access health and wellness information and health provider comparison tools through online educational and transactional capabilities.
More information can be found at www.bcbsil.com .
« Survey: Outsider Most Often Workplace Violence Perpetrators