The latest entrant is CIGNA Group Insurance, which introduced CIGNA Leave Solutions. The CIGNA offering is designed to administer federal and state Family and Medical Leave Acts (FMLA), military leave and other workplace leaves. CIGNA said the service is offered in conjunction with short-term disability policies.
CIGNA is providing this service through an alliance with SHPS, Inc., a total benefits outsourcing provider.
According to a CIGNA news release, CIGNA Leave Solutions includes:
- one number for employees to call regardless of the reason for absence, and 24-hour access to leave reporting and information through the Web
- communication regarding employee rights and time available under FMLA, which also supports a company’s compliance efforts
- access to leave counselors who can explain FMLA leave requirements to employees
- confidential treatment of all employee information, while keeping managers “in the loop” through automated e-mail communications throughout the leave
- online access to a Web site, which provides human resource managers, supervisors, and employees with the ability to request FMLA and other applicable leaves and obtain leave status information and leave reports, as well as information regarding FMLA regulations.