Comings & Goings with NASDAQ-100
The NASDAQ-100 is made up of the 100 largest non-financial stocks listed on the NASDAQ stock market.
Fifteen firms will be added to the index – and fifteen removed – in the annual re-ranking, which it timed to coincide with the triple witching options expiration in the fourth quarter.
Joining the index will be:
- Expeditors International of Washington Inc. (EXPD)
- Ross Stores Inc. (ROST)
- Dentsply International Inc. (XRAY)
- Lamar Advertising Co. (LAMR)
- Whole Foods Market Inc. (WFMI)
- First Health Group Corp. (FHCC)
- PETsMART Inc. (PETM)
- Pixar (PIXR),
- Fastenal Co. (FAST)
- American Power Conversion Corp. (APCC)
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc. (CHRW)
- Patterson-UTI Energy Inc. (PTEN)
- Gentex Corp. (GNTX)
- Henry Schein Inc. (HSIC)
- Ryanair Holdings PLC (RYAAY).
Companies being removed from the index include Abgenix Inc. (ABGX), Andrx Group (ADRX), Applied Micro Circuits Corp. (AMCC), Atmel Corp. (ATML), Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR), Conexant Corp. (CNXT), Cytyc Corp. (CYTC), Integrated Device Technology Inc. (IDTI), ImClone Systems Inc. (IMCL) , i2 Technologies Inc. (ITWO), Protein Design Labs Inc. (PDLI), PMC-Sierra Inc. (PMCS), Rational Software Corp. (RATL) , Sepracor Inc. (SEPR) and Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. (VTSS) .
Companies that are removed from the index may rejoin it at a later time. This year, American Power Conversion, Fastenal, First Health Group, PETsMART, and Ross Stores have rejoined the index, for example.
« Friday 13th Unlucky After All?