A Credit Suisse news release said the Global Institutional Distribution team is part of its strategy to provide clients with a coordinated investing operation.
“In these markets, more than ever, clients are seeking holistic ideas and solutions from experienced professionals,” said Mark Bourgeois, managing director and head of distribution for asset management, in the news release,
The 18 people tapped for positions in the Global Institutional Distribution team include nine Managing Directors, Credit Suisse said. They are:
- Jamal Al Naif,a Managing Director based in Dubai responsible for institutional client coverage in the Middle East and North Africa. Al Naif joined from Citi, where he was the head of its Middle East institutional effort.
- Richard Johnson,a Managing Director based in New York, covering institutions in the Eastern and Central areas of the U.S. Johnson joined from Graham Capital Management where he was a managing director, Principal and global head of strategic business development.
- Remy Kawkabani, a Managing Director based in London, responsible for institutional distribution in Europe (ex-Switzerland). Kawkabani was previously a global co-head of Credit Suisse’s Private Funds Group.
- Dave McCann, a Managing Director based in Toronto covering Canadian institutional clients. McCann joined from CPPIB (Canada Pension Plan Investment Board), where he headed its relationship investments effort, reporting to the head of Public Markets Investments of CPPIB.
- Mark Memmert,a Managing Director based in London covering institutions in Germany and Austria. Memmert joined from Credit Suisse’s Investment Bank, where he focused on the syndication of senior and mezzanine real estate loans to German financial institutions.
- Alex Ricchebuono,a Managing Director based in London covering institutions in France and Italy. Ricchebuono joins in early May from Investec Asset Management, where he is responsible for distribution in continental Europe.
- Filo Sedillo,a Managing Director based in Sydney covering the Australian and New Zealand institutional markets. Sedillo joins in May from Citi, where he is head of alternative investments for Australia and New Zealand.
- Akira Takahashi,a Managing Director based in Tokyo, responsible for institutional distribution in Japan. Previously, Takahashi was head of distribution for Alternative Investments in Japan and was a Product Specialist in the Funds and Alternative Solutions group within Asset Management at Credit Suisse.
- Conrad Yan,a Managing Director based in Hong Kong covering institutional distribution in the Asia Pacific region. Yan joined from AIG, where he was a managing director and regional head of business development and client service.
« Indexes Outdo Active Managers over Market Cycle