The Principal Financial Group has extended the deadline for submitting entries for The Principal 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security until May 7, 2010. Now in its ninth year, the program honors growing companies for their commitment to their employees’ financial security (see Principal Launches Ninth Search for the 10 Best)..
“In the nine years we’ve been conducting this search, we’ve been impressed by the creativity and resiliency of growing businesses who remain committed to employees through all market conditions,” says Luke Vandermillen, vice president, The Principal. “We’re looking forward to showcasing more great employers in 2010.”
Each entrant will receive a customized employee benefits report comparing their benefits to those of The Principal 10 Best and other entrants.
The Principal also announced the independent panel of judges that will select the winners who will receive national recognition and acclaim as role models for other growing businesses. The 2010 judges of The Principal 10 Best Companies are:
- Dallas Salisbury, president and CEO, Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Nevin Adams, editor-in-chief, PLANSPONSOR Magazine and PLANSPONSOR.com
- Donna Drackett, vice president and CFO for Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc. (PAR, Inc), one of The Principal 10 Best Companies—2009
- Deborah Hall-Pope, chief human resources and organizational services officer, ASCD, one of The Principal 10 Best Companies—2009
- Jim Harrington, vice president of global human resources at Synaptics Inc., one of The Principal 10 Best Companies—2009
- Angelo Nardi, executive vice president, Gallagher Benefit Services
- Corey Rosen, executive director & founder, National Center for Employee Ownership
- Timothy A Welsh, director, McKinsey & Company
- David L. Wray, president, The Profit Sharing/401k Council of America (PSCA)
The award recognition showcases winners through publicity and a nationally distributed Best Practices Guide. Winners receive a donation to the charity of their choice. Winners often include the recognition in their marketing materials.
About the Program
The Principal 10 Best Companies is a national program that recognizes small- and medium-size companies that excel at giving their employees a financial edge. Entrants’ requirements include:
- Up to 5 and 1,000 employees
- Based in the United States
- Provided a broad range of employee benefits for at least five years
- Offer traditional employee benefits such as retirement, health, life or disability
No entry fee is required. More information is available at http://www.principal.com/10best
« Healthcare-Related Earnings “Hit” List Continues to Expand