Under the plan, members of Definity Health will have the option to pay for pharmacy services out of a Personal Care Account (PCA), which is funded by their employers at a set amount each year. Any benefit dollars remaining in the PCA at year end then roll over for use by the member for future pharmacy needs, according to a news release.
Definity Health will also provide participant support through Web and phone-based tools and resources, including:
- drug pricing information
- a consumer medical drug library
- a drug interaction assessment tool
- resources to compare cost savings opportunities through generic substitution, mail order and pill splitting.
For its part, Medco Health will provide:
- retail pharmacy network access
- home delivery prescription services
- customer care call center services with access to pharmacists.