The new Indices cover five investment styles – large-cap growth, large-cap value, small-cap growth, small-cap value, and micro-caps. They reflect the composition of the Dow Jones Wilshire 5000, according to a press release from the companies.
There are six equally weighted factors that are used to classify growth and value for the indices. They are:
- Two backward looking: five-year average earnings growth and sales growth
- Two current: Price/Book value ratio and dividend yield
- Two forward looking: forecasts of Price/Earnings ratios and long-term earnings growth
The real-time rollout includes the following indices:
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Large-Cap Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Small-Cap Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire 2500 Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Micro-Cap Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Large-Cap Growth Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Large-Cap Value Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Small-Cap Growth Index
- Dow Jones Wilshire US Small-Cap Value Index
According to the companies, this is the second phase of a larger plan, the third being an extension of the methodology to the international arena.