The report, titled Dimensions of Family Caregiving: A Look into the Future, by the MetLife Mature Market Institute, says that in the year 2020, the ideal workplace will help get support services for employees and their families, such as home care, financial assistance and care facility placement
A Look into the Future
As the greater number of caregivers increases awareness of eldercare as an issue, Metlife anticipates a number of eldercare initiatives in the workplace, including:
- care management by on-site gerontologists
- flexible hours and leave policies
- public and private sector partnerships
- workforce eldercare consortiums
- Web-based assistance
Other trends expected are:
- more men as caregivers
- tax credits for family caregivers
- increased sources of information
- reliance on private insurance for the costs of chronic care.
The report also details future technological innovations that will benefit both care recipients and caregivers, such as computer chips to track the movements of Alzheimer’s patients and devices that enable individuals to monitor their own health.
« Confidence Shaken, But Outlook Still Positive