In fact, the survey by HR consulting firm Development Dimensions International and Electronic Recruiting Exchange (ERE), found:
- almost 95% of the sample use this kind of interview, and
- two-fifths plan to increase this practice in the future
Other findings of the survey show that:
- half the sample will increase their automated resume screening and search practices over the next three years,
- while 12% will make greater use of computer-assisted interviewing
The survey revealed that the majority of organizations don’t use any kind of assessments neither those that predict whether candidates are motivated by a particular job or a company’s values, nor those that gauge specific job-related skills and abilities.
- fewer than 30% of respondents reported extensive use of testing and assessment methods,
- however over a three year time horizon, most organizations plan to make greater use of testing methods
Results also showed that when organizations filled a mid- or senior-level leadership position, external candidates were selected more often than internal candidates were.
Data was collected from over 550 members of the ERE online community.
« Attacks Send Participants in Search of Stability