Fifty-nine percent of employee benefits broker respondents say they’ve added voluntary benefits options for employers, and nearly half (48%) say employers increased employee contributions. Eight in 10 brokers surveyed say voluntary benefits are very important to the overall benefits package they offer business owners.
In addition, according to a news release, brokers say the down economy has also resulted in clients:
- Adding benefits options – 35%;
- Adding a health savings account – 29%;
- Switching carriers – 28%;
- Reducing benefits options – 27%;
- Adding a high-deductible health plan option with an health reimbursement account – 26%;
- Increasing employer contributions – 10%.
Nine percent report there has been no change to the benefits they offer clients.
« How Much Help Are Defaulted Participants Getting?