According to a press release, to aid parents with the financial concerns uncovered in the survey and more, the new Disney Family.com Finance resource includes content such as money saving tips and original articles from Laura Rowley, journalist, columnist for Yahoo! Finance and author of the book “Money and Happiness.”
The new Finance resource features:
- Seven ways to save $200 with just one hour of your time – no major sacrifices required,
- Tips on new ways to think about grocery shopping to save money every week,
- Tips on how to raise money smart kids,
- Tips on what you need to know to start saving for college,
- The Dig Out of Debt Sweepstakes – a chance to win $5,000 to go towards your debt, and
- “Wallet Whiz” widget, a multi-level brain teaser that tests your money smarts.
The survey found 61% of parents are nervous about retirement, and 46% of parents surveyed said they are not able to save for their children’s college education or have not yet started saving (See Survey Reveals Family Savings Concerns ).
The new resource is at www.family.com/finance .