According to the announcement, with Flexible Plan Investments, Schwab partners and advisors will now have access to proprietary, independent professional investment management for their sponsors’ and plan participants’ retirement planning, including:
- A professional investment manager to review participants’ retirement accounts every week.
- Full execution and implementation of account trading.
- Participant account management at no charge to plan sponsors.
- Reduced fiduciary liability by using a registered investment advisor.
- Twelve customized portfolios based on suitability questionnaires for each employee.
- Management drawing on a wider universe of investment choices than typical plan core selections.
- Automatic (or default) management available.
Flexible Plan Investments, Ltd. manages over 20,000 participant accounts with close to $600 million in assets for over 1,100 retirement plans.
The company’s Web site is www.flexibleplan.com .