Products January 6, 2003
FreeERISA Publishes "C" Fee Data
June 13, 2002 (PLANSPONSOR.com) - Plan sponsors who want to do a little fee shopping can now tap into a new online database.
Reported by Nevin E. Adams
FreeERISA.com has posted information from the Form 5500 Schedule “C”, which must be completed for plans with 100 or more participants if the plan paid $5,000 or more to any service provider.
Some caveats about the database:
- does not include fees paid directly by the plan sponsor to the provider
- does not include information for plans with less than 100 participants
- is a bit dated, in that it reflects information from the 1999 plan year
- the search is by provider, not plan sponsor – so you find the provider, then the individual plan
- response time is a bit slow, but reasonable considering the amount of information
You’ll have to register to use the site, though access is free.
« SURVEY SAYS: How Was Take Your Kids to Work Day?