A news release said Gevity’s expanded options were designed along with its health partners including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Aetna Health, Inc., and Kaiser Permanente and will be effective on October 1, 2004.
The new options include:
- consumer directed plans with Health Reimbursement Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
- an open access plan that utilizes the HMO network of providers offered through Aetna Health, Inc.
- a lower-cost HMO option introducing deductibles and co-insurance features also offered through Aetna Health, Inc.
- an HMO plan with deductibles and co-insurance offered through Kaiser Permanente
- an employee paid health care benefit for part-time employees offered through Star HRG.
“Health benefits are a major factor in helping companies recruit and retain qualified employees, but providing cost-effective coverage has become an increasing challenge for employers,” said Erik Vonk, Gevity chairman and chief executive officer. “By providing more choices and more control, we’re giving our clients the ability to manage costs while continuing to provide attractive benefits that meet the needs and expectations of their employees.”