A Guardian news release said its Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) discount program provides up to 30% off the cost of services and treatment at over 36,000 providers.
“Alternative medicine, once considered fringe is now firmly part of the mainstream,” said Tim Bireley, vice president, Group Medical, Guardian, in the news release. “We live in a global, increasingly diverse society where people are exposed to different methods of managing their health and wellness. Clients value the opportunity to complement and enhance their traditional medical treatments with alternative procedures.”
The Complementary Alternative Medicine program was developed with Whole Health Networks. Guardian medical plan members are able to access information about the practitioner network through the Guardian Anytime website: ( http://www.GuardianAnytime.com ).
Through a link, they are connected to information about:
- step-by-step health paths offering care and treatments developed by WholeHealth.
- how food can heal as well as taste great. Chefs share recipe makeovers and introduce consumers to a world of healthier cooking.
- the latest research in complementary alternative medicine.
- a database of integrative therapies, supplements, foods, and drugs, including a drug/herb “checker” highlighting interactions between nutritional supplements and pharmaceuticals.
- opinions in response to frequently asked member questions.
For more information log on to http://www.GuardianLife.com .